The short URL for this page is:
On 11 March 2021, NY Amateur Computer Club will be doing Lightning Talks again. A "Lightning Talks" meeting is when we have many presenters, and all the presentations are quick and easy to prepare.
It's a great way to get experience doing public speaking in a low pressure environment.
Sign up now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Or sign up at the last minute after we start the meeting. No worries.
Talk for 4 to 8 minutes, and allow a few minutes after for responses and questions.
Prepare slides or exhibits ahead of time to share -- or don't!
- Actually, no preparation needed. Just speak off the cuff if you'd like.
Brendan ( email@example.com ) can help you with any technical concerns you have, before the day of the meeting. Email Brendan to arrange time to try out Zoom and screen sharing, if you're going to need to do that for your lightning talk.
Who is doing a talk
Sandra -- changing the Language setting on an Android phone
Ron -- hearing aids
Hank -- one of the following
- How-To Clone Desktop or Laptop Hard Drive to an SSD
- Not All M.2 Storage Devices are the Same (SLC, MLC, TLC, QLC, M.2 NVME SSD, M.2 SATA SSD, mSATA SSD)
- How to Clone a Solid State Drive
- Tax Return Preparation: Credit Karma Tax Preparation App That is Entirely Free -or- Last Minute Tax Return Comments
- Do I Need Lots of Cores or a Faster CPU Clock Speed?
Brendan -- whatever Brendan feels like talking about that day.
Jim -- how to properly configure an SSD on a Linux machine