- "Smart watch" sensors:
- heart rate monitor
- water resistant
- peizo-electric buzzer for tactile alerts
- 256kB RAM, 1MB firmware flash space, 8MB additional flash storage
- 370 free apps hosted on vendor's web site
- 1.3 inch LCD display, 176×176 pixels
- touch screen
- 200mAh battery good for "4 weeks of standby time"
- (In reality you may have to charge every few days if you are constantly logging data.)
Answers to You, Does Not Require The Cloud
Does NOT require remote servers to make the apps you install useful.
You control all of the software, and you control your data.
- Watch apps can share data with companion apps on your phone or desktop computer via Bluetooth.
- Connect to the Bangle Js software catalog via a Bluetooth-to-Internet bridge in your browser. (Requires Web Bluetooth support in your browser.)
- Chrome, Edge, Opera, Chrome for Android, Samsung Android browser, Opera Mobile, UC Browser for Android
- Software catalog server software is open source
- If you are paranoid, you can download and install the catalog software on your local machine and never connect the watch to the Internet.
Is This for Me or My Loved Ones?
- Clock, alarm
- Calendar reminders and notifications from paired phone
- Presentation controller (via paired phone)
- 1.3 inch touchscreen fidget games?
- Log health data to private file without getting Apple and Google involved
- Record your exercise sessions
- Record your travel movements and hiking
- Use desktop software to compute miles walked / run for your diary
- "I'm lost; where did I start?"
- You control all your data
- 370 free apps available
- Relatively cheap, for a smart watch
- No microphone; no full-range loudspeaker; cannot handle phone calls
- Another battery to feed and care for
- Very limited memory capacity and processing power -- barely a computer -- it's more of a peripheral for your phone
Home page: https://banglejs.com/
- Available apps: Click "Apps"
- Where to buy: Click "Distributors"
- Adafruit.com (USA) has it -- $90. 81 in stock as of 10 November 2022.